6.17.2011

Follow Friday

Follow Me Friday is a weekly book-blogger meme hosted by Parajunkee over at Parajunkee's View. If you have a book blog, you can join in the fun too! This week’s Follow Friday question is:

GenreWars! What’s your favorite genre and which book in that genre made it your favorite?

Although I try to read a number of different genres, the one I am most likely to read from is realistic fiction. I like reading about situations and dilemmas that can really happen in any given place during any given time. Although I am no longer a teen, like the characters in the realistic fiction books I read, I still feel like I can relate to what the characters are going through, whether from when I was a teen to even as a “young” adult in my 20s. I’ve had two equally good books that have made me fall in love with this genre: Catalyst by Laurie Halse Anderson and Identical by Ellen Hopkins. I love, love, love these books!

Happy Friday everyone!

4 comments:

  1. I have Catalyst sitting on my shelf and I have yet to read it. I loved Anderson's Wintergirls so I definitely need to start Catalyst! I need to start reading more realistic fiction. I've gotten so sucked up into the Dystopian and Paranormal genre's I feel like I've forgotten there's an entire world out there full of great realistic fiction. Definitely updating my tbr list! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! New follower ;)

    ~Loren
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Loren! I've read all of Laurie Halse Anderson's books, other than the historical fiction ones, and Catalyst was my favorite. A definite must read! Thanks for stopping by and following my blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower, hopping by!

    I haven't read much realistic fiction, but I will definitely check out the books you've mentioned!

    Happy Hopping!
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, there. New follower here. I don't read very much "realistic fiction," but I do from time to time and have some stock-piled on my Nook. Have a great weekend!

    Marla @ Starting the Next Chapter>

    ReplyDelete

I *love* hearing what you, fellow bloggers, have to say, think, and feel! Therefore, comment away and thank you for stopping by my blog! :-)